[DRBD-user] secondary DRBD node shows UpToDate but is not

Bart Coninckx info at bitsandtricks.com
Thu Dec 22 22:22:39 CET 2016

-----Original message-----
From:Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>
Sent:Thu 22-12-2016 20:55
Subject:Re: [DRBD-user] secondary DRBD node shows UpToDate but is not
To:Bart Coninckx <info at bitsandtricks.com>; drbd-user at lists.linbit.com;
On 21/12/16 08:55 AM, Bart Coninckx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since a couple of years we have a 2 node DRBD cluster on CentOS 6.5 and
> DRBD (version: 8.4.5 (api:1/proto:86-101)) installed from source. We
> noticed that all DRBD resources show "UpToDate" on the secondary node,
> but if we restart the service, one or more resources start syncing
> again, indicating there seem to be differences in between the resources.
> This is of course not desirable.
>
> Is this a known issue with this version? If needed we will upgrade the
> cluster, but since a complete virtualization setup is running on top of
> it, this is not evident, hence the reason why I inquire first about
> possible known issues.
>
> Cheers,

Might not be helpful, but have you tried running a verify?

https://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-84/s-use-online-verify

--
Digimer
access to education?

Hi,

thank you Digimer. That seems like a decent workaround, if we automate it. But it is just that of course. If disaster strikes in between verifies, I believe we still have a problem, correct?

Cheers,

BC