[DRBD-user] I shall become SyncTarget, but I am primary!

Adam Goryachev adam at websitemanagers.com.au
Tue Dec 6 01:44:04 CET 2016

On 06/12/16 09:52, Yannis Milios wrote:
> >> Dec  5 10:20:07 localhost kernel: block drbd0: Writing the whole
> bitmap, full sync required after drbd_sync_handshake.
> >>Dec  5 10:20:07 localhost kernel: block drbd0: meta connection shut down by peer.
>
> It seems that the secondary node needs a full resync of the data. Is
> this a drbd setup inside VMs? If yes, then I guess that drbd doesn't
> like much rolling back to previous snapshots...

I think this document might help:
https://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-83/s-initial-full-sync

or specifically, this command:

*|drbdadm -- --overwrite-data-of-peer primary /|resource |/|*

Just make sure before the command, one is primary disconnected, and the
other is secondary disconnected, run the above command on the primary.

It should start a full sync, and when completed, they should both be
UpToDate....

PS, not a DRBD expert, but hope it might help you.

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev