[DRBD-user] DRBD9: full-mesh and managed resources

Roberto Resoli roberto at resolutions.it
Fri Aug 19 10:51:22 CEST 2016

Il 18/08/2016 11:15, Roland Kammerer ha scritto:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 09:47:51AM +0200, Roberto Resoli wrote:
>> In particular I see that currently is not possible to dedicate an IP for
>> every different link betwen a managed resource and its peer node.
>>
>> Am I wrong?
>
> No.
>
>> Any advice/suggestion?
>
> Don't do it ;-).

:-)

> We had that discussion on the ML. If you manually overwrite res files
> generated by DRBD Manage, they can get rewritten by DRBD Manage at "any
> time".
> Currently, it is simply not supported from a DRBD Manage point of view.
> To be honest, it is not on my TODO list.

I fully agree; I have tried the really elegant workaround proposed by Adam:

http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2016-August/023174.html

and it seems to work very well; i tried also to disable stp, blocking
forwarding traffic thru the bridges, so that the final topology is
exactly the three point to point dedicated connections I desired.

I'm going provide more details in next posts.

Many thanks for all the precious suggestion received on this list; I'm
really happy to be here!

rob