[DRBD-user] DRBD9: full-mesh and managed resources

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 18:33:03 CEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Veit Wahlich <cru at ircnet.de> wrote:
> But the shortest link is not guaranteed. Especially after recovery from
> a network link failure.
> You might want to monitor each node for the shortest path.

Simplest solution here is to overbuild.  If you are going to do a
3-node 'full-mesh' then you should consider 10G ethernet (a melanox w/
cables on ebay is about US$20 w/ cables!).  Then you just enable STP
on all the bridges and let it be.  If you are taking 2 hops, that
should still be well over the transfer rates you need for such a small
cluster and STP will eventually work itself out.