[DRBD-user] DRBD9: full-mesh and managed resources

Veit Wahlich cru at ircnet.de
Thu Aug 18 14:03:46 CEST 2016

Am Donnerstag, den 18.08.2016, 12:33 +0200 schrieb Roberto Resoli:
> Il 18/08/2016 10:09, Adam Goryachev ha scritto:
> > I can't comment on the DRBD related portions, but can't you add both
> > interfaces on each machine to a single bridge, and then configure the IP
> > address on the bridge. Hence each machine will only have one IP address,
> > and the other machines will use their dedicated network to connect to
> > it. I would assume the overhead of the bridge inside the kernel would be
> > minimal, but possibly not, so it might be a good idea to test it out.
>
> Very clever suggestion!
>
> Many thanks, will try and report.

If you try this, take care to enable STP on the bridges, or this will
create loops.
Also STP will give you redundancy in case a link breaks and will try to
determine the shortest path between nodes.

But the shortest link is not guaranteed. Especially after recovery from
a network link failure.
You might want to monitor each node for the shortest path.