[DRBD-user] drbdmanage v0.97

Julien Escario escario at azylog.net
Wed Aug 17 11:34:22 CEST 2016

Hello,
First, thanks for this release ! It comes with a lot a great features, the most
important for us is REAL thin provisionning.

The last missing feature is multiple pool.

I just upgraded our test cluster this morning :
# cat /proc/drbd
version: 9.0.3-1 (api:2/proto:86-111)

ii  drbd-utils     8.9.7-1      amd64
ii  python-drbdman 0.97-1       all

We're using lvm-thinpool.

I created a new volume and resync is completely done, eating all my disks :-(

This is probably due to :
# drbdmanage server-version
server_version=0.96.1

So I rebooted one the machines and now :
# drbdmanage server-version
server_version=0.97

So my question now : is there a way to restart drbdmanage 'server' without
having to restart the whole server ? As it's dbus, I don't want to create a
mess. I would like to test the procedure and the second node.

Best regards,
Julien Escario