[DRBD-user] drbdmanage init with zfs storage?

dan dandenson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:13:08 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 1:36 AM, Roland Kammerer
<roland.kammerer at linbit.com> wrote:
> The control volume itself is always on LVM and there is currently no way
> to change that. It's 2 x 4M. I don't see a reason to change that.

I'm running a ZFS so LVM for the cluster is on top of that.  It's
fine, but an extra layer and whatever the LVM guys don't like about
/dev/zd* for pv's.  I've found people using loop mounts to get around
this, but I think that is double clumbsy, zfs zpool to losetup to lvm
:/

> You can put all your data volumes on ZFS (thin, thick, configurable
> block size and what not). Documented in the drbd9 user guide.

this is working fine, I configured the nodes to use zfs storage driver
and that works perfectly.  It's just the drbdpool volume that is
convoluted and I was hoping for a more elegant solution.