[DRBD-user] DRBD9 Satellite nodes

Fri Apr 22 15:35:34 CEST 2016

On 22/04/2016 18:04, Roland Kammerer wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 01:40:39AM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick response. That is really my question though. I have a
>> DRBD Client, ie, no local storage, receiving the drbdmanage control volume
>> via tcp/ip, but how do I mount the DRBD volume? eg, on the node which has
>> the data locally, I can simply mount /dev/drbd101 /mnt, but now I want to do
>> something similar from the DRBD client machine (not at the same time, not
>> dual primary, just one node at a time should use the volume).
> Also on clients you simply mount it, no difference... On the client you
> also have a /dev/drbdXYZ. You mount it, the data comes via the network
> from the peer.

This seems to be the problem then. I don't have any /dev/drbd* devices
to mount on the "Client" node, but I do have them on the control nodes
(only the ones with the volume located on that specific node:
This is the same on every node:
root at san3:~# drbdmanage list-assignments
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Node                        | Resource | Vol ID
|                                                  | State |
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| castle                      | filesrv  |      *
|                                                  |    ok |
| castle                      | oldNFS   |      *
|                                                  |    ok |
| san2.websitemanagers.com.au | filesrv  |      *
|                                                  |    ok |
| san2.websitemanagers.com.au | oldNFS   |      *
|                                                  |    ok |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

However, on node san2:
san2:~# ls -l /dev/drbd*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147,   0 Apr 21 21:46 /dev/drbd0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147,   1 Apr 21 21:46 /dev/drbd1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147, 100 Apr 21 21:45 /dev/drbd100
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147, 101 Apr 21 21:45 /dev/drbd101

 From your post, I should see that also on san3 (controller node, but
doesn't have storage for this specififc volime:
root at san3:~# ls -l /dev/drbd*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147, 0 Apr 21 21:41 /dev/drbd0
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 147, 1 Apr 21 21:41 /dev/drbd1

Instead all I get is the drbd internal volumes...

Can you advise why it might not be getting the clietn volumes

Thanks again for your time and any hists you can provide!