[DRBD-user] DRBD9 Satellite nodes

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Thu Apr 21 16:20:11 CEST 2016

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:54:05PM +1000, Adam Goryachev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup a few DRBD9 machines as a storage cluster with 4 nodes, plus one
> "satellite" node.
>
> I was wondering how I can access the content on the various DRBD volumes
> from the rest of the cluster?

That has nothing to do with satellite or not.

If you specified a deployment count while creating the volume
(new-volume -d) the volume gets automatically deployed on a set of "best"
nodes. If you did not, you have to assign (assign-resource) to one or
multiple nodes. Then you get a /dev/drbdXYZ on that nodes and use it as
any drbd resource.

Regards, rck