[DRBD-user] DRBD Manual errors

Thu Apr 21 14:01:12 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've found another issue with (my system or) the DRBD docs:
http://www.drbd.org/en/doc/users-guide-90/s-check-status

> You can get more information by passing the |--verbose| and/or
> |--statistics| arguments:
>
> # drbdadm status home --verbose --statistics
Except this happens:
castle:~# drbdadm status oldNFS --verbose --statistics
drbdadm: unrecognized option '--statistics'
try 'drbdadm help'

drbdadm help doesn't mention --statistics

In addition:
castle:~# drbdadm status oldNFS --verbose
drbdsetup status oldNFS
oldNFS role:Secondary
   disk:Outdated blocked:lower
   san2.websitemanagers.com.au role:Secondary
     peer-disk:Outdated
and compare to this (note, it is identical output)
castle:~# drbdadm status oldNFS
oldNFS role:Secondary
   disk:Outdated blocked:lower
   san2.websitemanagers.com.au role:Secondary
     peer-disk:Outdated

So verbose is not really providing any extra information or detail at
all.....

While we are at it, I would appreciate if you can provide any tips on
how to determine why the volume is "outdated" and how I can change it
back to a working state?
I'm not entirely concerned about the content if it is not recoverable,
but in case this happens later with more important data then it would be
good to know the right procedure to recovery.

Regards,
Adam