[DRBD-user] Problems with DRBD9/drbdmanage

Robert Altnoeder robert.altnoeder at linbit.com
Tue Apr 12 15:06:52 CEST 2016

Hello Mr. Goryachev,

it is hard to say after the problem occurred, but generally speaking,
the drbdmanage server on the other node needs to see a DRBD9 event
happen on one of the other nodes to start performing changes.
If, for example, the drbdmanage server was not running on the other node
at the time the command was issued, or the drbd control resource was
disconnected at that time, then the system on the other side does not
see the event. However, upon receiving further events (e.g. due to
creating another volume, a node always tries to perform all pending actions.

If you only want to wake up any nodes that might have missed an event or
that have been started after the other nodes in the cluster performed
changes, you can also use the command "drbdmanage poke" to generate a
change event for all nodes (instead of e.g. creating a dummy volume).

Best regards,
--
Robert Altnoeder
DRBD - Corosync - Pacemaker