[DRBD-user] drbd-utils-8.9.4.tar.gz

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Sep 22 09:17:38 CEST 2015

> There is something wrong - man pages are not built by default:
>
> git clone --recursive git://git.drbd.org/drbd-utils
> cd drbd-utils
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
> make
> mkdir tmp
> make DESTDIR=./tmp/ install
>
> make[1]: Entering directory '/root/drbd-utils/documentation/v83'
> drbdsetup.8 missing
> drbd.conf.5 missing
> drbd.8 missing
> drbdadm.8 missing
> drbdmeta.8 missing
> drbddisk.8 missing
> Makefile:122: recipe for target 'install' failed
>
> So debian package generation also fail...

It works again after reverting commit 15009d512ec0

http://git.drbd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-utils.git;a=commitdiff;h=15009d512ec0ab0d84ec433b6e96f5917335e769

But I now run into another problem - lintian reports:

E: drbd-utils: init.d-script-missing-dependency-on-remote_fs etc/init.d/drbd:
required-start
E: drbd-utils: init.d-script-missing-dependency-on-remote_fs etc/init.d/drbd:
required-stop

because the debain rules files uses --prefix=/usr and --sbindir=/usr/sbin

So should the service depend on remote_fs, or do we want to move the drbd
binaries to /sbin (local_fs)?
Or simply ignore the lintian warnings?