[DRBD-user] Meaning of assertion in drbd?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Sat Sep 19 17:31:50 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm running a 3.4.103 kernel (with RT patches, if it matters) and I recently saw
the following error in the kernel logs:

block drbd0: ASSERT( epoch->flags == 0 ) in
<path>/drivers/block/drbd/drbd_receiver.c:1204

I can see that this is an assertion failure in the WO_bdev_flush/WO_drain_io
case of receive_Barrier().  However, I'm not totally clear on the implications.
  Could someone explain what this means and how severe it is?

Thanks,
Chris