[DRBD-user] Ubuntu 14.04 kernel now has drbd 8.4.5 but drbd-utils is still 8.4.4 so drbdadm wait-connect fails on netlink

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Fri Oct 9 10:59:21 CEST 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 06:44:04PM +0200, Jacob.Van.Der.Meulen at esa.int wrote:
> So I downloaded the version
> 8.9.4 and built it. As I do not want to get too much unknown changes to my
> Ubuntu configuration I just copied the drbdadm-84 and drbdsetup-84 to /sbin
> and replaced the /sbin/drbdadm and /sbin/drbdsetup by soft links to the 84
> versions.

- Remove your utils packages with "apt".
- Clean up your manual changes.
- Install latest drbd-utils (8.9.x) from source or build a proper Debian
  package. drbd-utils 8.9.x know how to handle different DRBD versions,
  and call the according tools. There is no need to manually cp/mv
  parts of the utils to $PATH. Unless you want to create a complete
  mess...

Regards, rck