[DRBD-user] DRBD on Debian 8

christoph at iway.ch christoph at iway.ch
Thu May 21 13:21:05 CEST 2015

playing around with debian8 recently, we discovered that it's not possible to build the source packages anymore - to be more precise the drbd-utils
is this a know problem?

btw. last lines of output (from command: dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc) that show the error:

-----------------------snip-------------------------
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
   debian/rules override_dh_install
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
dh_install --fail-missing
Can't stat debian/tmp: No such file or directory
 at /usr/bin/dh_install line 245.
# Place the initscript where dh_installinit can find it
mv /tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils/etc/init.d/drbd /tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils.drbd.init
mv: cannot stat â/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils/debian/drbd-utils/etc/init.d/drbdâ: No such file or directory
debian/rules:33: recipe for target 'override_dh_install' failed
make[1]: *** [override_dh_install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/DRBD_Sources/drbd-utils'
debian/rules:10: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 2
dpkg-buildpackage: error: fakeroot debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2

tried it on several systems, fresh installs as well as upgraded ones from debian7. (were it used to work)

regards
Christoph