[DRBD-user] Dual Primary Mode: Shared Directory blocked after node crash until reboot

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed May 13 11:58:26 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 10:49:45AM +0200, DRBD User wrote:
> I have configured these handlers:
>
> fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh";
> after-resync-target "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh";
> split-brain "/usr/lib/drbd/notify-split-brain.sh root";
>
> pacemakers pcs poperty stonith-enabled is currently set to false

It's the DLM (thus, cluster filesystem) that blocks,
waiting for fencing.

Which means you need pacemaker stonith-enabled=true.
And you need it configured, tested, and working.

You need that with any cluster file system,
regardless of whether you have an actually shared
or a synchronously replicated storage backend.

With DRBD, you *additionally* need "fencing resource-and-stonith"
on the DRBD level.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability