[DRBD-user] Dual Primary Mode: Shared Directory blocked after node crash until reboot

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Tue May 12 12:33:00 CEST 2015

About of your problem of fence:

Instead of use a fence by Hardware, you can use a manual fence that come with the cluster software.

Please read this:
1- It not require any hardware.
2- This option isn't advisable in production environments, but useful in development environments.
3- The file used is "fence_ack_manual"
4- It is executed by CLI in a node that is alive for apply the fence to other server.
5- For use it, It is advisable that first disconnect totally the electric power on the server that will be fenced, the goal is to shut down brutally the server that will be fenced before of run the fence command.
6- Finally, execute this command in a node that is alive:
Shell# /[PATH]/fence_ack_manual [IP or Name of the Node that will be fenced]
7- Follow the steps as directed by this command.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards
Cesar