[DRBD-user] drbdmanage API error message format

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Fri Jun 19 06:42:15 CEST 2015

Hi All,

what is the correct way to format the returned error codes? I
checked the code for the cinder plugin:

https://github.com/LINBIT/cinder/blob/drbd-for-nova/cinder/volume/drivers/drbdmanagedrv.py

Inside _check_result(), I found the following:

          seen_error = _("Received error string: %s") % (fmt % arg)

It uses the python format code (fmt % arg) to create the final
error message. This looks reasonable with python, but I want to use
perl, and there is no 100% compatible formater in perl.

Any suggestion how to implement that with perl?

BTW, _check_result() really needs some cleanup, because it contains dead code
(variable 'result' is never used).