[DRBD-user] Need help on installing DRBD 9.0.0 RC

Roland Kammerer roland.kammerer at linbit.com
Mon Jun 8 09:53:50 CEST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kimly Heler" <kimlyheler at gmail.com>
To: "drbd-user" <drbd-user at lists.linbit.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2015 1:42:26 AM
Subject: [DRBD-user] Need help on installing DRBD 9.0.0 RC

Hello, was anyone able to install any RC of 9.0.0? I have downloaded 9.0.0rc3 tar gz ball, and followed the user guide to install from source.
1) I don't see any included configure script in the package which the user guide claimed.
2) I also tried to check out the source code from git, so I could use autoconf to generate one, but getting "no input file"error from autoconf.

Hi,

there was a split between kernel module and user space utilities. The kernel part has no autotools magic. Use plain old "make" to build the kernel part of drbd9. Also make sure to use a recent version of drbd-utils, which is now a "one utils fits all" thing (drbd 8.3, 8.4, 9.x). The utils use autotools.

kernel part: http://git.linbit.com/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-9.0.git;a=summary
utils: http://git.linbit.com/gitweb.cgi?p=drbd-utils.git;a=summary

Regards, rck