[DRBD-user] Need help on installing DRBD 9.0.0 RC

Kimly Heler kimlyheler at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 01:42:26 CEST 2015

Hello, was anyone able to install any RC of 9.0.0? I have downloaded
9.0.0rc3 tar gz ball, and followed the user guide to install from source.
1) I don't see any included configure script in the package which the user
guide claimed.
2) I also tried to check out the source code from git, so I could use
autoconf to generate one, but getting "no input file"error from autoconf.

I have been trying to setup 3 node cluster with DRBD84 but I feel stuck
with the limited hardware resources on the servers I have (VM with DHCP IP
address, only one eth0 interface). I'm still not sure if I need an extra
NIC to setup a floating IP (I also tried to use a VIP instead of a floating
IP, but it didnt seem to like it). The whole DHCP is already a hassle to
request a floating IP. But I still can request if I really need to.

So I think DRBD 9 might make my life easier, but not so far on the first
step of trying to compile/install it.

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Kimly Heler