[DRBD-user] "adjust_master_score" attribute is ignored for pacemaker drbd resource

Joel Burleson-Davis joel at securelink.com
Fri Jan 30 20:46:19 CET 2015

That ended up being really helpful. Again, thanks so much for your response
Lars.

I realize I had a misprint in my notes as well since I'm going in between
two setups. In order to keep the drbd resource from trying to promote
itself, the only_consistent value was set to a negative number
adjust_master_score="-10 10 1000 10000". when this is set to "0 10 1000
10000" the resource still tries to promote itself. The debug log was super
helpful with this:

debug log with the Modified RA

+ drbd_update_master_score
+ set -- -10 10 1000 10000
+ local only_consistent=-10 only_remote=10 local_ok=1000
as_good_as_it_gets=10000

With unmodified RA but adjust_master_score set on the pacemaker resource
get's the error

echo 'drbd(drbd)[32049]:   2015/01/30_12:55:46' 'ERROR: BAD
adjust_master_score value -10 ; falling back to default'

+ drbd_update_master_score
+ set -- 5 10 1000 10000
+ local only_consistent=5 only_remote=10 local_ok=1000
as_good_as_it_gets=10000

 echo 'drbd(sl_drbd)[32049]:   2015/01/30_12:55:46' 'ERROR: BAD
adjust_master_score value -10 ; falling back to default'

With the negative value in the RA, the resource never attempts to promote
itself:

With the the adjust_master_score="0 10 1000 10000" (which doesn;t spit the
error about a bad value) the only consistent resource still attempts to
promote itself, giving the error:

drbd_promote_0 on node2 'unknown error' (1): call=59, status=complete,
last-rc-change='Fri Jan 30 13:04:20 2015', queued=0ms, exec=15496ms

and the debug shows:
+ drbd_update_master_score
+ set -- 0 10 1000 10000
+ local only_consistent=0 only_remote=10 local_ok=1000
as_good_as_it_gets=10000

node2 has a resource score of 0 for the drbd resource.

So it seems the issue is the adjust_master_score attribute won't accept a
negative number, however, if the RA is altered to have
adjust_master_score_default in the RA contains a negative number, there is
no issue.

Is there a reason the resource agent doesn't want a negative value in
adjust_master_score? I would have assumed it would have taken any
legitimate resource score according to pacemaker.

Cheers,

Joel Burleson-Davis
tel: 512-637-8700
mob: 503-707-2065