[DRBD-user] DRBD on virtual machine

Cesar Peschiera brain at click.com.py
Tue Feb 17 18:29:40 CET 2015

@Antonio:

The problem is that the VMs don't have the network performance that have the host (virtio-net is for excellence the best), by a great difference, virtio.net never will have the performance of a host. Now is in development a new technology: " virtio-blk dataplane" and "virto-net dataplane", ( https://www.google.com/search?q=%22virtio-block-data-plane%22&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=%22virtio-net+dataplane%22), but it by now don't support "live migration", HA, and other features.

I have configured DRBD to level of Host, and i have HA to level of VM with great results (database, several RAID 10 in SAS 15K, etc.., and obviously with a lower yield compared to a Host), but if you not need great speed for transfer of data with the network DRBD, i believe that will work DRBD well for you in the VMs.

Best regards
Cesar