[DRBD-user] Best practice: drbd+lvm+gfs2+dm-crypt on dual primary

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Mon Feb 2 16:50:20 CET 2015

I see no particular problem with this. I use DRBD -> Clustered LVM ->
GFS2 all the time. If you wanted to add LUKS, I'd probably do it as DRBD
-> Clustered LVM -> LUKS'ed LV -> GFS2. Note though; How will you enter
the passphrase to mount gfs2?

This is a concern for any use of LUKS in HA. If you require a
passphrase, automated recovery will always fail. So you have to put it
under manual failover, which isn't very HA.

For more specific suggestions, you will need to tell us more about your
(planned) environment.

On 02/02/15 03:20 AM, Patrick Prilisauer wrote:
> Hallo to all,
>
> I have just started using drbd. Is there a existing best practice or
> possible issues on this combination?
>
> Thanks to all,
> Br

Digimer