[DRBD-user] [Questions] Many questions about DRBD

顾政 cengku at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 04:36:16 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

I am a new comer to DRBD, as we want to use drbd for data backup, and I
have some questions about drbd, so hope you guys can help me a lot.

1. Does drbd support rdma for IB (InfiniBand)? as we need to use IB for
high performance network rather tcp/ip.
2. How is the local I/O performance drop degradation if compared without
drbd used?
3. How many replicate modes does drbd support? e.g. sync, async or other
ones.
4. Does it support intermittently replicate ? I mean, sometime we turn-off
copying data to remote backup device, sometime we can turn-on it again, and
them force them to be synchronous via some manual intervention (e.g. rsync).

Looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Gu