[DRBD-user] DRBD keeps doing full resync

Viktor Villafuerte viktor.villafuerte at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 19 01:37:25 CEST 2015

Hi Lars,

thanks for your answer. Please, see more details below

On Tue 18 Aug 2015 18:59:18, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 05:00:48PM +1000, Viktor Villafuerte wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got very similar problem to
> >
> > http://lists.linbit.com/pipermail/drbd-user/2015-July/022243.html
> >
> > that.
> >

> > OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.7 (Santiago)
> > kernel: kernel-2.6.32-573.1.1.el6.x86_64
> > DRBD: kmod-drbd84-8.4.6-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64
> >

> > Two node cluster where after upgrade to the lastest kernel + Corosync
> > Pacemaker DRBD I've encoutered problems.
>
> Did you upgrade both nodes yet?

Yes both were upgraded. When first failing over Corosync + friends onto
the newly upgraded node (from the not upgraded node) only partial sync
happened and no problems were found. After upgrading the second node
full resync was requested and I never recovered from that.

> > Secondary does a full resync, seems to successfully finish it but then
> > 'PingAck did not arrive in time' happens and the resync repeats. This
> > keeps happening in a loop thereafter.
>
> You could increase the "ping timeout" for now,
> and see if that gets you over this odd issue.

I'll give this a go thanks. I assume that will require restart..?

> > Please note that I could not observe any network problems, no problems
> > with the resync or any other services, except the very end of the
> > resync.
> >
> > I've tried reboot the secondary (target) node, invalidating the data
> > and forcing full resync by hand, wating about 4 rounds of the loop :)
> > But to no avail.
> >
> > Currently I'm in process of downgrading the kernel to see what happens
> > but as it's a production server this will take little time (outage) :/

Downgraded both the nodes to kernel-2.6.32-504.23.4.el6.x86_64 but no
change as the sync just did one turn over :/