[DRBD-user] <1>error creating netlink socket - can't get drbd startet on ubuntu 14.04

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue Aug 18 18:46:33 CEST 2015

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 09:36:42AM +0200, Merlin Morgenstern wrote:
> I have a newly configured DRBD-Cluster 8.4.5 on 2 VM running ubuntu 14.04,
> following this example: http://geekpeek.net/configure-drbd-ubuntu/
>
> Unfortunatelly I can not start the service. It seems to be either a network
> setup problem or maybe a incompatibility issue with 8.4.x on ubuntu 14.04
>
> This is the msg I get:
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/drbd start
>  * Starting DRBD resources

No-one should use the init script, really,
everybody should use a cluster manager instead.
Unless... anyways, I digress.
And that's very likely not the problem here either.

> ]
> <1>bind(s->s_fd, (struct sockaddr*) &s->s_local, sizeof(s->s_local))
> failed: -1 No such file or directory

Are you sure your drbd-utils version matches your kernel DRBD version?

You could
strace -o mytrace.txt -f drbdadm up all
and look into mytrace.txt, find syscalls that go wrong ...