[DRBD-user] Status drbd 9.0.0

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Aug 16 17:41:03 CEST 2015

On 16/08/15 05:26 AM, Christiaan den Besten wrote:
> Dear DRBD users,
>
> DRBD 9.0.0 has been released two months ago now and I am wondering: can
> we put the 'production ready' stamp on it?
>
> Since there has not been releases a 9.0.1 so far I would 'assume' no
> 'oops, this will eat all you bytes' bug(s) have been found.
>
> Perhaps someone from Linbit can inform the list on reported bugs, their
> impact and if they have had the time to fix these and build a new release.
>
> I would love to see the bug I found ( 'Recover node after hard-crash
> (drbd9)' reported on 29/6 on this list ) being fixed in a new release.

Speaking generally, I would not put any .0 software into production. I
would hesitate on .1 in HA, too. Of course, it is your environment, so
you must make the call. Did you test thoroughly? Are all issues
resolved? Are there features in this release not available in 8.4 that
you can not live without? If so, then maybe it is OK for you.

--
Digimer
access to education?