[DRBD-user] Drbd split brain after network failure

violeta mateiu mateiu.violeta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:04:05 CEST 2015

Hello,

I have configured a two node Active/Pasive (host1, host2) cluster on fedora
20 with pacemaker, corosync, drbd .

Every time i unplug a network cable form the master host at that point drbd
goes in split brain state. After i reconnect brbd says StandAlone on one
host and WFConnection on the other host.

I can't fix this issue. Even though i declared automatic split-brain
policies in drbd configuration file my DRBD never recoveres after a network
failure.

My resource configuration is as fallows:

Resources:
 Resource: ClusterIP (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=IPaddr2)
  Attributes: ip=192.168.100.94 cidr_netmask=32
  Operations: monitor interval=30s (ClusterIP-monitor-interval-30s)
 Resource: WebSite (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=apache)
  Attributes: configfile=/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf statusurl=
http://localhost/server-status
  Operations: monitor interval=1min (WebSite-monitor-interval-1min)
 Master: WebDataClone
  Meta Attrs: master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true
  Resource: WebData (class=ocf provider=linbit type=drbd)
   Attributes: drbd_resource=www
   Operations: monitor interval=60s (WebData-monitor-interval-60s)
 Resource: WebFS (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=Filesystem)
  Attributes: device=/dev/drbd/by-res/www directory=/var/www/html
fstype=ext4
 Master: SQLDataClone
  Meta Attrs: master-max=1 master-node-max=1 clone-max=2 clone-node-max=1
notify=true
  Resource: SQLData (class=ocf provider=linbit type=drbd)
   Attributes: drbd_resource=sql
   Operations: monitor interval=60s (SQLData-monitor-interval-60s)
 Resource: SQLFS (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=Filesystem)
  Attributes: device=/dev/drbd4 directory=/var/lib/mysql/data fstype=ext4
 Resource: appServer (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=anything)
  Attributes: binfile=/home/myApp/myAppV2_17 workdir=/home/myApp/
logfile=/home/myApp/logFile.log errlogfile=/home/myApp/errlogFile.log
cmdline_options=/home/myApp/config.cfg
  Operations: monitor interval=120s (appServer-monitor-interval-120s)
 Resource: MySQL (class=ocf provider=heartbeat type=mysql)
  Attributes: binary=/usr/sbin/mysqld config=/var/lib/mysql/my.cnf
datadir=/var/lib/mysql/data pid=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
  Operations: monitor interval=60s (MySQL-monitor-interval-60s)

I have two drbd partitions configured for mysql data files and one for
apache files.

Drbd configuration is as fallows:

global {
 usage-count yes;