[DRBD-user] A question about DRBD-8.4.6rc1

松浦 健太 matsuura_kenta_y5 at lab.ntt.co.jp
Tue Apr 7 02:51:28 CEST 2015

>> Hi,
>>
>> Please teach me because the following behavior of DRBD-8.4.6rc1 do not know.
>> When I perform the following steps, DRBD of old data was promoted to
>> Primary.
>>
>>   Step 1 :
>>       Start the DRBD on 2 node, and promote one node to Primary.
>>   Step 2 :
>>       Stop the DRBD of Secondary.
>>   Step 3 :
>>       Write to the DRBD data on Primary.
>>   Step 4 :
>>       Stop the DRBD of Primary.
>>   Step 5 :
>>       Start the DRBD of Secondary only.
>>   Step 6 :
>>       Promote the DRBD of started Step 5 to Primary.
>>
>> When used DRBD-8.4.5, don't able to promote the DRBD at Step 6.
>>
>> Is this behavior is correct?
>
> Depends on your DRBD configuration,
> specifically the fencing policy,
> and the fence-peer-handler.
I'm sorry, I was misconfigured on DRBD-8.4.6rc1.
As a result of the following settings, and became the intended movement.

handlers {
                fence-peer "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-fence-peer.sh --id-prefix=drbd-fence-by-handler-r0 --timeout=45";
                after-resync-target "/usr/lib/drbd/crm-unfence-peer.sh --id-prefix=drbd-fence-by-handler-r0";
        }
disk {
                fencing          resource-only;
        }