[DRBD-user] drbd storage size

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Thu Oct 23 14:55:03 CEST 2014

On 23/10/14 04:00 AM, Philipp Reisner wrote:
> 2a) Initialize both backend devices to a known state.
>      I.e. dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb1 bs=$((1024*1024)) oflag=direct

Question;

   What I've done in the past to speed up initial sync is to create the
DRBD device, pause-sync, then do your 'dd if=/dev/zero ...' trick to
/dev/drbd0. This effectively drives the resync speed to the max possible
and ensures full sync across both nodes. Is this a sane approach?

digimer

--
Digimer
access to education?