[DRBD-user] 3-node pool

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Fri Oct 10 15:34:01 CEST 2014

Hello:

I'm new to DRBD and actually looking at using it as part of the HA-Lizard
software for XenServer.  HA-Lizard contains DRBD for replicating its disks,
and its documentation mentions setting up a 2-node pool with a single master
and single slave but mentions that more than one slave is supported.  But it
doesn't say to how configure DRBD for more than 1 slave.  I'd like to set up
a single master and 2 slave pool (3 nodes total).  I've read that for DRBD
to handle this it needs to stack devices.  Is this the only supported
configuration for DRBD?  Is there a way to have full time replication among
3 nodes?  I'm also trying to figure out if there is any extra overhead on
the master and slave(s) when doing 3 nodes, versus 2.

Any information on this would be very helpful.  Thank you very much.

--
Chris