[DRBD-user] DRBD in LXC

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:48:09 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've been searching for a solution about this but couldn't find anything
but couple of threads ending without any outcome.

I have drbd-8.4.4 installed in Ubuntu-12.04 container running on
Ubuntu-12.04 host. I can only create the metadata and then the try to bring
the resource up fails with the following message:

root at lxc01:~# drbdadm up r0
Could not connect to 'drbd' generic netlink family

The kernel module loads fine and /proc/drbd directory exists. For sure this
is not related to apparmor since I get the same issue with the service
stopped on the host and rules teardown.

Has there been any solution for this or DRBD can't run inside linux
container at all?

Thanks,
Igor