[DRBD-user] Single versus multiple DRBD devices

Dan Barker dbarker at visioncomm.net
Mon Mar 31 13:59:25 CEST 2014

What Bart is suggesting is matching your drbd definition to your physical environment. Your OP was about the logical environment. You'll probably have a combination of factors drive your design. For example, I have four DRBD resources servicing about 20 VMs. The four DRBD resources mirror my physical environment and the VMs are spread around on these four devices to minimize the impact of a failure or slow-down on any one.

Dan