[DRBD-user] Invalidate when the peer's disk is too small

Dischino, Chris cdischino at sonusnet.com
Fri Mar 21 15:42:19 CET 2014

With a partitioning error, we created two different backing device sizes and when we tried to connect them, we received an error.
Mar 21 08:54:58 sbx51-2 kernel: [135685.578244] block drbd0: The peer's disk size is too small!
I was going to bring down the device, and repartition to correct the issue. I was told if I invalidated the peer, the devices would connect and go through a full sync. I issued an admin command to invalidate the resource and then tried to connect. This time the connect succeeded, and I started to sync.  Is this a valid  sync ? Could I eventually corrupt the partition or my internal meta data ? If this is valid, should I update the la-size-sect variable in the internal meta data ?

Thanks
Chris
 drbd Version: 8.3.7 (api:88)