[DRBD-user] Extremely high latency problem

Bret Mette bret.mette at dbihosting.com
Thu Jun 5 20:16:05 CEST 2014

I took the 512 byte blocksize directly from the recommended latency test in
the DRBD manual.

http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-measure-latency.html

"This test writes 1,000 512-byte chunks of data to your DRBD device, and
then to its backing device for comparison. 512 bytes is the smallest block
size a Linux system (on all architectures except s390) is expected to
handle."

I'm also performing the same test on a non-DRBD device which
performs perfectly fine. So why would I want to tune my tests to yield
better results when I have a comparison that is already pointing out a
problem in latency?