[DRBD-user] Extremely high latency problem

Bret Mette bret.mette at dbihosting.com
Thu Jun 5 18:30:37 CEST 2014

dd if=/dev/zero of=./testbin  bs=512 count=1000 oflag=direct
12000 bytes (512 kB) copied, 0.153541 s, 3.3 MB/s

This was run against /root/testbin which is /dev/md1 with no LVM or DRBD

dd if=/dev/zero of=./testbin  bs=512 count=1000 oflag=direct
512000 bytes (512 kB) copied, 32.3254 s, 15.8 kB/s

This was run against /mnt/tmp which is DRBD /dev/drbd2 backed by an LVM
logical volume, with the logical volume backed by /dev/md127 while
/dev/drbd2 was in the connected state