[DRBD-user] parted to move a partition DRBD uses as a backing device

Felix Frank ff at mpexnet.de
Thu Jul 31 10:50:47 CEST 2014

On 07/31/2014 12:49 AM, Digimer wrote:

>   However, it lists in the docs that the "FS" needs to support this, and
> well, DRBD is not an FS.

Weird.

FWIW, I read that as "do this only if the data on the partition cares
not about absolute positions of its blocks on the device", i.e. relative
addressing in the filesystem.

(So XFS would break if I tried that? Sounds specious. Perhaps the
document refers to moving data while it's mounted?)

Either way, you can likely apply the documentation to the *content* of
the DRBDs, as though that additional block layer weren't present.

A shame that you gain only 300G, otherwise I'd advise to take this
chance to move to LVM ;-)

Regards,
Felix