[DRBD-user] DRBD from inside a VM?

Simon Ironside sironside at caffetine.org
Thu Jul 24 00:36:09 CEST 2014

Hi Miles,

Yes - I run DRBD inside KVM virtual machines in production just fine.
There were no performance issues or real gotchas that I've encountered.

I was just careful to not base the VM's storage on DRBD *outside* the VM
in case I accidentally had both VMs running on the same physical server
;) I was also careful to maintain separate front and back networks by
bridging two separate virtual NICs in the VM to two separate physical
NICs on two separate networks on the physical host just as I do with
DRBD on "real" servers.

HTH,
Simon.