[DRBD-user] Local (async) Mirror

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Wed Jul 9 09:26:49 CEST 2014

On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 01:58:05AM +0000, Senne Vaeyens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m using 8.4.4 on CentOS 6.5
> I try to configure an NFS server as explained by Craig Carl in the
> following presentation:
> http://www.slideshare.net/AmazonWebServices/nfs-and-cifs-options-for-aws-stg401-aws-reinvent-2013
> , (youtube video of the presentation can be found here:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuiIwEOCAs)

Yeah, well, IMO, that is tecnically nonsense.

> Craig explains on slide 12 how you configure a local mirror with brbd;
>
> It goes somewhat like this...
>
> resource r0 {
> 	on az-a{
> 		device /dev/drbd0;
> 		disk /dev/md0;
> 		address 10.1.1.1:7789;
> 		meta-disk internal;
> 	}
> 	on az-a{
> 		device /dev/drbd1;
> 		disk /dev/md1;
> 		address 10.1.1.1:7789;
> 		meta-disk internal;
> 	}
> }

Which is simply wrong and won't even parse.
So why don't you ask Craig how he really did it?
Clearly not the way he presented it in those slides.

But see there:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/26473#26473

Still, it does not make sense.
DRBD is the wrong tool for the job.