[DRBD-user] Local (async) Mirror

Senne Vaeyens svaeyens at cloudar.be
Wed Jul 9 03:58:05 CEST 2014

Hi,

I’m using 8.4.4 on CentOS 6.5
I try to configure an NFS server as explained by Craig Carl in the following presentation: http://www.slideshare.net/AmazonWebServices/nfs-and-cifs-options-for-aws-stg401-aws-reinvent-2013 , (youtube video of the presentation can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbuiIwEOCAs)

Craig explains on slide 12 how you configure a local mirror with brbd;

It goes somewhat like this...

resource r0 {
	on az-a{
		device /dev/drbd0;
		disk /dev/md0;
		address 10.1.1.1:7789;
		meta-disk internal;
	}
	on az-a{
		device /dev/drbd1;
		disk /dev/md1;
		address 10.1.1.1:7789;
		meta-disk internal;
	}
}

I’ve already read the following (quite old) thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/20817
This tread suggest that a config like Craig suggest would never work, my tests indeed confirm that this setup doesn’t work,; I get errors like:

drbd.d/r0.res:8: conflicting use of host section 'r0: on xxxxxx' ...
drbd.d/r0.res:2: host section 'r0: on xxxxxx' first used here.

Is there any way to get this local async replication working?

Thanks

Senne Vaeyens