[DRBD-user] Upgrade DRBD host OS

Rabin Yasharzadehe rabin at isoc.org.il
Sun Jul 6 12:36:20 CEST 2014

Hello list,

I have a simply DRBD setup on Debain 6 hosts, which i like to upgrade to
Debian 7.

The current setup is in a Master/Slave mode without pacemaker or any HA
service.

My plan is to:

   1. Disconnect the cluster and keep all the services working on one
   machines (HOST2).
   2. Upgrade one host (HOST1)
   3. Start the upgraded machine (HOST1) and restore the DRBD connection
   (and let all the resource to sync)
   4. Migrate all the services to HOST1 and disconnect the cluster again,
   and upgrade HOST2

My question is whether this process will work ?
(Debian 6 uses version 8.3.7 user tools, while Debian 7 uses version 8.3.13)

--
Rabin