[DRBD-user] BUG: Uncatchable DRBD out-of-sync issue

Stanislav German-Evtushenko ginermail at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 07:08:40 CET 2014

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM, Stanislav German-Evtushenko <
ginermail at gmail.com> wrote:

> No choice so far :)
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Roadmap#Proxmox_VE_2.3
>
> I don't think this is a kernel bug. Anyway would be nice if sombody
> can investigate and fix or at least find work around. IDE is slow in
> compare to VIRTIO.

> old by now.
> >> This is a stable RHEL 6 kernel at the moment.
> >
> > Exactly ;-)
> >
> > Same for Debian 6, which I no longer consider fit for KVM setups
> > (without backports and such).

I have replaced all hard-drives on the first server and upgraded DRBD
kernel modules to 8.3.15. I do verifying every week. It usually founds new
out-of-sync sectors, then I check if they are false-positive or not (with
md5sum) and find that 95% of them are real.
Could anybody suggest a way to debug? Can it be DRBD + RAID problem? Or
DRBD + one specific RAID problem?