[DRBD-user] moving to a different backing device

Lionel Sausin ls at numerigraphe.com
Thu Feb 20 09:35:25 CET 2014

Dear Wayne,
I'd expect DRBD to find the meta-data even if the backing device is
larger, because from DRBD's point of view, the resource's size does not
change until you run "drbdadm resize". So I'd say: you /should/ be fine.
Now to be honest, you don't have to trust me, as I usually let DRBD do a
complete resync when I replace backing devices. Adaptive resync rate
keeps  the resource responsive, and I have backups if ever the
up-to-date node crashes in the meantime. I the end I treat it like a
RAID rebuild.
Lionel Sausin.