[DRBD-user] drbd 8.4 - resync ratio

Radoslaw Garbacz radoslaw.garbacz at xtremedatainc.com
Fri Feb 14 21:47:23 CET 2014

Hi,

My DRBD resync performance is far below system capabilities, and
unfortunately available configuration options do not work for me.
I tried to turn off planner in a resource file:
* c-plan-ahead 0;
and from the command line:
* drbdsetup disk-options <minor> --c-plan-ahead 0

I also tried to improve resync rate in a resource file:
* c-plan-ahead 200;
* c-min-rate 0;
* c-max-rate 40M;
* resync-rate 40M;
and from the command line:
* drbdsetup disk-options 3 --c-plan-ahead 200 --c-min-rate 0 --resync-rate
40M --c-max-rate 40M

I also tried various combinations of the above, but all I achieved, was to
increase resynchronization to about 4MB/s, which, according to the manual,
is a default value for 'c-min-rate'.

I found a discussion about the same problem, but no solution:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/drbd/users/24230#24250

* drbdsetup <minor> show
shows correct settings (what was requested)
* drbdadm -d adjust <resource>
shows correctly changed settings with regard to the configured

So, is there a way for DRBD 8.4 to improve it, or is there something wrong
with the way I try to configure it.

Thanks in advance,

--
Best Regards,