[DRBD-user] Dual-Head as ro?

Christian Völker chrischan at knebb.de
Tue Dec 9 16:50:57 CET 2014

Hi Lars again,
> look for nfs + fscache maybe.
> At least its intended use case is "almost" what you apparently want.
This looks interesting, yes.

I guess it still will slow down any writes on the remote because of
locking and data transfer. But on the main site it will keep all things
smoothly.
So for the minor site it will be the same: NFS mount with fscache will
speed up local file read, but not writes
major site: reads will be fast as writes will be.

I will go and play a little bit with the fscache stuff- see if there is
a timeout value which will throw away cache at some stage.

Thanks again for ideas!

Greetings

Christian