[DRBD-user] Dual-Head as ro?

Christian Völker knebb at knebb.de
Tue Dec 9 16:40:10 CET 2014

Hi Lars, and all,
> There is "geo replication" with glusterfs.
> Though that basically is also simply a masked-off rsync "cron job".
Yeah, that is it. It does not help as users are located on both sites
accessing (and editing!) the files.

> But nothing will change the fact that if you have only 10 MBit,
> you only have 10 Mbit, and you can only move so much data per night.
I know. I was just thinking if there is a possibility which allows local
site users to have local speed for both writes and reads. Reads are easy
to handle with glusterfs. Writes will slow down even on local site. But
looks like I have to accept it.
I might give it a try with glusterfs.

Thanks for all your helpful input!

Greetings