[DRBD-user] Replication for disaster recovery

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Sun Apr 27 20:55:35 CEST 2014

On 04/25/2014 03:06 PM, Velko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planing to use DRBD for DR and since I've never used it, I have a
> few questions.
Hey there,

I have a question which is one of the basics.
What services would you use on this partition? local? will it be a
storage node?

Note that rsync is nice but in a situation of split-brain it cannot be
used logically...
rsync compares dates and states while you will manually need to decide
which one of the nodes is in a "better" shape then the other.
Unless the service has a way to understanding that there is a
split-brain issue now which is only if the network and application works
which is not really the situation you would need DRBD for...

So what would you use it? nfs? sambe? ISCSI ? others?
Eliezer