[DRBD-user] Adding a third node

Aaron Johnson aaronjohnson at ajserver.com
Fri Sep 27 19:26:32 CEST 2013

Paul,

That config looks right, however you will want to use a VIP address
instead of the IP address of just 1 node.  This IP will move between the
2 local nodes to whichever node is active, otherwise if when the node
with the IP in the local resource is down you will not get updates to
the stacked offsite node.

Also be aware of private vs. public IP space and how the IPs may appear
when NAT comes into play and which IPs need to appear where in the
config.  I avoid this by having my 2 locations connected by VPN so all
addresses are direct, no NAT.

Aaron