[DRBD-user] DRBD show StandAlone on Primary node after secondary node attach with it?

Mandar Khire khiremandar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 09:27:33 CEST 2013

I am using Centos5.4 & DRBD8.2.6 heartbeat2.1.3 & one java program with
Mysql & Asterisk1.6.2.6. On DRBD disk i put 2 service Asterisk & Mysql. SO
if DRBD Disk not up both services not work. I properly see cs:Connected
st:Primary/Seconday ds:UpToDate/UpToDate

when i use 2 machines & both working fine.

But when i try to test them by few test cases of network failure(so they
should show changing roles & etc). I test with 1/2/3 switches in between 2
nodes.(Almost all possibilities of network failure) one test fail & it show
me cs: StandAlone on Primary. & for remove StandAlone i have only answer
that restart that node.

I follow following steps: 1. Primary(Node 1) & Secondary(Node 2) Running
fine with all services. 2. Remove Node 1's LAN cable from Switch & wait.(So
secondary(Node 2) become Primary & All OK, on primary(node 1) all services
stop related to DRBD) 3. Remove Node 2's LAN cable from Switch & wait.(all
services stop related to DRBD on Node 2) 4. Attach LAN cable of Node 1 to
Switch, wait(All services become normal related to DRBD) 5. Attach LAN
Cable of Node 2 to switch. Note:- Both node attach with each other by only
1 switch.

Now at this point i try to read logs i found, Primary change its cs:
WFConnection to WFReportParams then State Change Failed:- Device is Held
open by someone. As per my observation,it because as step 4 complete on
node 1 DRBD become OK & it show cs:WFConnection st: Primary/Unknown
ds:UpToDate/DUknown So Mysql & Asterisk also runs from DRBD disk on node 1.
& at step 5 they still running so i think this state change failed comes.

For this what should i change in drbd.conf? Or its only answer that i
should update Centos, DRBD & Heartbeat with latest versions? or any other
answer/clue/idea/way?

If second answer then which combination of versions of these 3 is working
fine?
Mandar P. Khire