[DRBD-user] Ask about drbd 3 way replicate.

Watthanachai Kekhua watthanachai at ntt.co.th
Mon Oct 14 03:57:56 CEST 2013

Dear DRBD-dev,

                Thank you for drbd 3 way replication,
                I already finished for testing this issue on 3 new servers , It's could working well.

                But for my current production system , right now implementation phase already finished for 2 nodes and run as production system work with Heartbeat3+drbd8.3 on 2 nodes ( drbd.conf use = r0)
                Then I would like to build new 1 server node to do 3 way replication with current system , So I stuck on method

                #drbdadm -stacked create-md r2
                If I clear meta data on internal disk , It will destroy data also , Do you have recommend way to implement 3 way replication on my case ?

#### Log show #####
                md_offset 19624873984
al_offset 19624841216
bm_offset 19624239104

Found ext3 filesystem
    19164920 kB data area apparently used
    19164296 kB left usable by current configuration

Device size would be truncated, which
would corrupt data and result in
'access beyond end of device' errors.
You need to either
   * use external meta data (recommended)
   * shrink that filesystem first
   * zero out the device (destroy the filesystem)
Operation refused.

Command 'drbdmeta 3 v08 /dev/drbd0 internal create-md' terminated with exit code 40
drbdadm create-md r2: exited with code 40
#### Log show #####

#### configure /etc/drbd.conf ####
global {
        usage-count no;
}

common {
        syncer { rate 300M;}
}

resource r0 {
        protocol C;
        disk {
                on-io-error pass_on;
        }
        device /dev/drbd0;
        disk /dev/sda3;
        startup {
                wfc-timeout 100;
        }
        on backup01 {
        address 192.168.250.16:7788;
        meta-disk internal;
        }
        on backup02 {
        address 192.168.250.15:7788;
        meta-disk internal;
        }
}

resource r2 {
        protocol C;

  stacked-on-top-of r0 {
        device /dev/drbd3;
        address 192.168.251.19:7788; # IP provided by Heartbeat
        }

  on backup03 {
    device     /dev/drbd3;
    disk       /dev/sda3;
    address    192.168.251.14:7788; # Public IP of the backup node
    meta-disk  internal;
  }
}
#### configure /etc/drbd.conf ####

Please do not hesitate to contact us , If you have any questions .
Best Regards.
################################
#  Watthanachai KEKHUA (Golf)
#  Operation And Maintenance Department (OAM)
#  Tel: 02-2367227 Ext. 1624
#  NTT Communications (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

DISCLAIMER :
This email is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this email without the author's prior permission.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message.
We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.
The information contained in this communication may be confidential and may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.
If you are the intended recipient and you do not wish to receive similar electronic messages from us in future then please respond to the sender to this effect.